October me all over

I love October.  I heart October.  I less than three October. The fall colors, red, orange, yellow and brown, the fresh cold air of Autumn, the darker days and even the nasty storms. I love the pumpkins, Halloween, the smells, and warm sweaters. October soothes my soul. It's the time of year when I get to see family again, move to a place I love, travel the world (sometimes), and up my age by a year.  I make sure that everyday in October I do something fun, relaxing, exciting, cause I just LOVE this month!  So to start off October 2011, I ran a 5K.  Here's the part where you think I will tell you that it was awesome, and WOW, I feel amazing... but that would be one big fat LIE.  I got a side ache within the first two minutes, that did not give up, and I struggled the entire way to the finish line, finishing 4 minutes slower than my last 5K two months ago.  But on the happier side, I took 2nd place in the adult women's division. Yeah Me!
After the run, Terry, Matt and I went for a walk around Ward Lake. There recently was flooding around the lake, so the smell wasn't the nice cold fresh air of southeast Alaska that I was hoping to smell.  Instead it reeked of dead fish.... it was pretty gross.  But it was worth it because today was such a gorgeous first day of October here in Ketchikan, and despite my lazy 5K, and smelly fish, I wasn't letting anything bring Oct. 1st down.
The best part of my day was my niece, Avery, coming over for dinner.  Mom baked three pans of salmon in three different styles; brown sugared, teriyaki, and lemon/onion.  All tasted delicious.  Then the rest of the night, I cooed and awed at Avery.  I just can't get enough of her.
What a great start to an always awesome month!



My first time meeting Avery.

Avery Jayne




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World On Canvas

High Priestess Ida Panditha Mpu Budha Maharsi Alit Parama Daksa

Day 6 of 10