New Years Resolutions

Every year I make new years resolutions.  Some people think they are stupid, booo on them!  I love them.   Last year I had five.  Before I wrote them, I had the mindset that 3/5 would be good enough.  I somehow, miraculously, accomplished four of them.  They were:
  1. Start the introduction to my book - didn't finish.
  2. Study Spanish weekly - mastered
  3. Find a way out of Skagway - Plan made.
  4. Do a pull up - Conquered
  5. Fall back in love with fitness - Did and then fell back out of love. (it's a love/hate relationship)
This year I have five simple ones.  
  1. I will not use the escalator or elevator for one year, even if I have to go to the 25th floor. (unless it's an emergency and I am running late to catch a plane for example). 
  2. I will finish the research for my book.  (Maybe that is why I didn't get last years resolution finished.)
  3. I will read a book in Spanish from beginning to end and understand it.
  4. I will start my year round life in Seattle (most likely fall of 2011), opening a new business or starting a new career.
  5. Pay it forward. Whenever a kind thing is done for me by a stranger, I will go out of my way to do a kind thing for another stranger within 24 hours.
I hope everyone has their own resolutions, whether they are to lose 10 lbs or create world peace, having them helps you establish yourself in the new year.  It helps give you direction, purpose, and in the end, feels very rewarding.  *light bulb!*  Rewards!!  That's a good idea.  The following are rewards for each resolution.  If I finish these goals, then I will be rewarded with the following:
  1. Tighter butt and legs.
  2. A better understanding of my father's heritage and the resources to start writing.
  3. A trip to a Spanish speaking country for two weeks of non-stop Spanish speaking. (Who's in!?)
  4. Happiness.  A chance to make new friends, take interesting and amazing classes, volunteer more, and not live out of a suitcase or rubber totes.  (Won't you be my neighbor?)
  5. Better karma and a more compassionate heart.
Happy New Year!


Comments

Alisa said…
Love them!! 4 out of 5 is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

The World On Canvas

High Priestess Ida Panditha Mpu Budha Maharsi Alit Parama Daksa

Day 11! Detox Done Ubud, Bali